Saturday, October 28, 2006

 

2006 Races

Raid Pulse Sprint Adventure Race: October 28, 2006

Victory!


A quick bike start and some misreading of instructions caused myself and a number of other teams including myself to swim with the bike on this windy, rainey 3°C late-October day. Some hard pushing on the bike got me first in the water section, but I got dummied by some large surf and went into the final trek section section 9 minutes off the lead. Some creative route choice made up those 9 minutes and more to give me the overall win in my first solo race. I still prefer team racing!

A nice bonus the following morning where I ended up winning the Long Advanced section of the Ottawa Orienteering Club meet at Camp Fortune under about 5cm of snow! It was beautiful in the woods.





<< Home
-->

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?